Steps for this:
1) Log into Central Administration --Shared Services Provider Application.
2) Click on Userprofiles and properties.
3) Click on View Import Connections to edit them (http://[SharedServices:Port]/ssp/admin/_layouts/EditDSServer.aspx?dn=xxxx)
4) Locate user Filter text field and then enter the following line:
Now let us see what is the userAccountControl
userAccountControl:1.2.840.1135184.108.40.2063 specifies the user control to be queried against LDAP objects to get the field values which has value of 2 (bit value)-- means Disabled Accounts. As we are specifying ! (not) before, means Do not get the Inactive accounts.
Ampersand & before the variables means we are joining the different conditions with AND clause.
To specify more UserAccountControl values, refer this Link : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa772300(VS.85).aspx;
5)Click on Start Full Import
6)As we have included the filter for not importing Inactive Accounts, we can see the total count of Inactive profiles and Active Profiles in http://[SSP:Port]/ssp/admin/_layouts/ProfMngr.aspx?ConsoleView=Active
7) Select the Inactive Profiles in the drop down and then select all of them (if they are any), and delete them from that View.(or doing a full import 3 times would delete inactive profiles)
8)Try to import again and see that this time no Inactive profiles are shown.
9)we can even delete these profiles from MOSS databases, but I would prefer to comply with MOSS strict recommendation of NOT TOUCHING DB.
10)After confirming the profiles, navigate to search administration in SSP
11)Timer jobs would have quick synchronisation jobs running to sync the profile details to portal.
12)Reset the crawled content and perform a full search.
Adding more attributes is more interesting thing for this LDAP Filters.
1) (&(K1)(K2)(K3)) -- this means join the conditions in brackets with AND operator
2) (|(K1)(K2)(K3)) --- obviously joining with OR operator.
3) Now the combination of them
means (K1 AND K2 AND K3) OR (K4 AND K5)
More information on this is available at MSDN Location
Details of available LDAP Attributes